Vern and Georgia Anderson: Overland Park, KS

Dear Bruce and Tamara!
Vern and I met you and your beautiful family in 1976....You probably didn’t know this but I watched the way you took care of your girls and I tried to pattern that with my own daughters....In 1979 Tamara watched Audra for me while I attended Cosmetology school....Kim and Audra are the same age and went to church together....Sometime in the 1980’s I had this idea that I wanted to give my sisters and mother a cook book so I hired Tamara (for very, very cheap) to paint a character of each one of them on the hard cover of a book that had blank pages....I truly loved what she did to them and so did my family....To this day that is my one and only cook book that I use on a regular basis...Again in the 1980’s I needed Tamara’s help with a project....I had been asked many times to help Young Women classes study the art of taking care of themselves and how they looked....I wanted to be able to demonstrate to them the different face shapes and what hair styles would look most appropriate on them so, Tamara sketched these very large, beautiful face shapes on individual ...I was so very excited to have them in my possession!...Another memory I have is  of Bruce, besides his friendliness and his devotion to callings is a time while Vern and I were on a trip to Santa Maria Island in Florida I had a severe tooth ache.  I called Bruce and he called me in prescription.  As soon as the medicine got into my system I felt better. Bruce did things like that for us many times in the last 35 years..In our later years (like right now) as we struggle with our children “living life” they were both so very compassionate and kind to us.
We love you both so very much and thank you for the wonderful example you both have been of true Disciples of Christ.
Love,
Vern and Georgia Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment