Lyn and Sharon Belnap: Bruce Evans's sister: Logan, Utah

I have been thinking a considerable bit about what experiences I have had with Bruce and Tamara over the years.  When they went to Kansas City many years ago our experiences were reduced drastically.  But having lived in Independence for a year I can definitely understand why they chose to stay in the mid west after Bruce became a dentist.  This is a beautiful place and I like being here.  Of course, I like Logan too.  I think I will go back in time to when they were beginning to know each other.  I remember an incident at BYU when Bruce came to my apartment requesting my help with Tamara.  He was pretty upset over something I don't remember what.  He wanted me to go talk to Tamara and plead his cause.  I can't remember what that cause was but he seemed rather desparate at the time.  I did go and talk to her and I can't remember what I said to her or her reaction, only that they got back together again.
I don't know if Bruce and Tamara remember their wedding day beyond their actual doings, but I was there to see their wedding.  I had asked my BYU bishop if I could take out my endowments the day of their wedding because I wanted to go to their wedding.  Besides I was going to get married in August and couldn't see any reason I couldn't go to the temple in April.  I didn't plan on making a big deal out of going but when Grandma Evans found out I was going to the temple she tried to tell me it was wrong of me to go before I was married and gave me a rather heated argument about temple policy, etc.  I told her I was going and she eventually settled down and left me alone.  I went to the temple on April 27 and everything went well. I was glad I went.
Sometime after they were married and before Lynn and I got married we had the infamous confrontation with my mother.   I don't think any of us will ever forget that experience.  I know I won't.  I think we were all a bit surprised at the stubborness of my mother and her determination to have her way.  I won't go into that experience other than it took place in Bruce and Tamara's apartment at BYU. 
Of course I had many experiences with Bruce, my brother, over the years and I won't go into those because they don't include Tamara.  I remember Tamara was in my wedding line when Lynn and I got married August 29, 1962.  My memory is not as good as I would like.
I know that you, Bruce and Tamara, have served in the church diligently for these 50 years and periodically children have been born into your family.  All your children are very beautiful and I know you are extremely proud of them and their accomplishments.  As I am sure you both know, we don't have 50 more years to live, but a few more and I know you and Tamara will make the best of those years left and so will Lynn and I.   May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.    Love,  Sharon (your favorite sister)
Let me know if this is not okay, Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment